Here we go ! Something new, at long last, from Messrs Tien and Mayet of Atelier kites, the “Slash”. This kite was spied at the recent Stella Plage event and the promo video has caused a great deal of forum excitement and you’ll see for yourselves below.
Ramlal hopes the kite will be in stores by the end of the summer, when the new Atelier website will be unveiled. However, it can ordered now by emailed Ramlal directly. The price is 370 euros.
Available now from Cerfvolantservice.com here.
This Slash video is something special, like all Atelier videos. In the hands of Mathieu not only are the tricks exemplary, but for good measure there’s dramatic scenery and spectacular new camera angles, from on the kite itself and along side it in the air.
- Dimensions: 237 cm / Height: 102.5 cm / Weight: 331 grs / Max Depth: 25 cm
- Framing: full Skyshark Nitro (STD + strong for upper leading edge)
- Standoffs: 2 x 3mm carbon rod + 2 x 2mm Gytech
- Bridle: 3 points “Y”
- Tailweight: 15gr
- Features: Adjustable centre T, Gytech wind absorbers, auto-breaking winglets
- Wind Range: 8-25 km/h
- Recommended Lines: 40-90 kg Length: 30m- 38m
I’m looking forward to seeing more of this kite in action. Its been far too long since the last design from Atelier, the excellent “V Masque”.